Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tender Transmissions-Recorded series of Blindfolded walks through TL with various guides


I am recording a series of walks with "guides" who live and work in the neighborhood that I will use to compile into a "soundscape" of
the TL for our Tender Transmissions radio broadcast. The "guides" determine the route, length, and content of the audio piece. I am attempting to find "guides" from a variety of ethnicities and ages as well as genders allowing for multiple perspectives. I place myself in a position of needing to trust my "guides" some who I meet for the first time just before we walk. The experience of being blindfolded allows me to use my senses beyond vision- a necessary tool when walking the streets of the neighborhood.

This movie is documentation of one of my walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment